11/21/12 marked my 3 month anniversary of my first CG experience. I'd thought I'd document my journey so that other "barely wavy" people can see what learning about your hair's properties can do.

Background:
I am half-Asian and half-Caucasian which means I have fine, medium and course hairs all over my head. There is no rhyme or rhythm to where they are or how they behave. My BSL+ hair was virgin until I dyed it with 2 boxes of Feria in June. Big mistake. So now I use henna and indigo to cover my grays.

This was my hair on August 13, 2012:

And this was my first CG wash on August 21, 2012:

This was when I diffused my hair successfully for the first time on September 11, 2012:

By this time, I've been hitting my hair hard with moisture and occasional protein treatments that weren't as successful. Here is a pic from October 25, 2012 when I finally achieved some root curl:

It finally dawned on me that I was getting over-conditioned, so I tried a few protein treatments. This was after IAGirl's gelatin treatment on November 6, 2012:

And here is my (belated) 3-month anniversary pic on November 26, 2012 when I used Neutral Protein Filler:

The point of all of this is to show you that learning about what your hair needs and using different techniques can do. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I could go from this to this in a matter of 3 months:

There *IS* hope out there, 2a wavies!!
CG Journey Start Date: 08.21.12 Now modified CG
F/M texture, Med Density, Low/Normal Porosity, Hennindigo

Current Routine (Still working out the kinks):

Sulfate wash: CHSTS
Low-Poo: OMAO
CO-Wash: IEC, VO5VMT, TNRV
Rinse Out: YTCarrots, DLOO, Renpure Red, GVPCB
LI: YTCarrots, CCC
PT: NPF
Styler: AG:RC, KCCC, LALNC, FSG
Gel: BRHG+Biotera