I started using a sulfate free cleansing conditioner 3 years ago. After my scalp adjust, I noticed my hair becoming wavier. I didn't make the correlation and knew nothing about curly hair or the CG method. Fast forward a year and I find out I have Celiac disease and can no longer eat wheat. I never thought about it being in my health/beauty products though. Fast forward 8 months and I noticed I was developing a rash on my forehead after showering, but it didn't itch or hurt and went away after about 15 minutes. Fast forward 4 more months and I'm in tears because my scalp feels like it's on fire. Discover there's wheat in my cleanser and discontinued use. I switch back to sulfate shampoo while researching wheat free/sulfate free alternatives. In my search, I kept coming to curly hair websites. I started reading articles about CG methods, threads in this forum, the DevaCare website, and some other websites. I wondered what my hair would do if I encouraged the wave. My mom had really curly hair. Big fat cherub curls. I knew I had waves in my underlayer and in my bangs, but I really didn't think I had much anywhere else.

So, to keep things REALLY simple, I just went ahead and bought DevaCare low poo, one c, and arc angell. I was SO impressed with my results that first day, although now I look back and giggle at how my wave was barely there compared to how it is now, almost a year later.

about 5 months into CG, I finally felt educated and brave enough to begin experimenting with other products. I still stick with the DevaCare Low Poo and One C, but I stopped using the ArcAngell after finding out there was wheat in it. It was making my face itchy.

My hair properties/products are below, along with some photos. The photo of me in the pink is pre-CG, but post sulfate free. The mirror photo is day 1 of CG. The photos of me in the teal were taken this month, 11 months into CG. If you told my a year ago my hair would look like this, I'd have peed my pants laughing so hard in disbelief. I'm pleasantly surprised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pre_CG.jpg (12.3 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 1-15.jpg (85.5 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 11-21-12.jpg (66.7 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 11-21-12-front.jpg (48.2 KB, 123 views)
Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use