View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
Lauraimes

Default Hi from Holland!

My name is Laura and I'm a 21-year-old student, living in the Netherlands. I absolutely love this website, especially because we lack information on how to handle curls. What's even worse is that there aren't that much curl products, let alone that they meet my requirements.

Enough about the Netherlands, moving on to my curls.

In a nutshell (according to my own observations):
Hairtype 2c
High porosity
High density
Coarse hair
Long hair

My hair is thick and coarse, and tends to curl the most when I just have had a haircut. I've got more curls than waves, and sometimes even have a few ringlets. The underlayer of my hair is straight, unfortunately. When my hair grows a bit longer, it really weighs down and reduces my curls more into waves.

I am currently using ABBA True Curls shampoo and conditioner, but I recently found out that I can't get new bottles any more. Right now, I am looking for SLS- and cone-free products that do not contain almond milk or oil (as I am allergic to almonds). The difficult thing though is that I am not sure where to start. I prefer natural ingredients over chemicals, yet those are very hard to find here. I'm always happy to hear advice and recommendations!

Also, I haven't figured out how you all seem to know so much about what specific ingredients your hair loves or dislikes. I am not sure if this is the right board for that, but I would be glad to get some tips.

As for now, have a nice day!
Lauraimes is online now   Reply With Quote