View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Ml001

I got a ceramic and ionic - yes, i believe it does help keep frizz down. You can google to find information on what each does, why, how, and if it matters to you. Tourmaline is another option. Definitely find one with separate controls for fan speed and temp. And you want at least two temp settings. Cool shot is useful if you find the temp is getting to hot even on low (I dry my hair in sections for two minutes each...by the third or fourth section it is running hotter so I use cool shot more then) and it can also help set the curls if used for a few seconds at the end of your drying time. I found a dryer at target with a big bowl diffuser and bought it mainly because of that (it also had the other options noted above). The controls are on the back of the handle and it took a while to get used to that. The diffuser also doesn't lock on like my old one did and I miss that. But, overall I am happy with it - the size of diffuser is great.

Eta: lower wattages are actually better because its less heat damage. But I found they all had the same wattage, at least within my price point of $30-ish and available locally.
My routine:
Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
LI: KCKT or CJSL
Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.

Last edited by Ml001; 11-29-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Ml001 is offline   Reply With Quote