View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
Geek_Chic

My b/f was completely supportive of my decision to go CG. He's a shampoo and conditioner guy, but was interested to learn about why sulfates and silicones aren't good for the hair or scalp. After a while, he even asked if I'd recommend products for his hair!

If someone I'm not as close to asks about my hair and how I get it to look the way it does, I just say I avoid using silicones and sulfates. I will get more technical if the person asks more questions, but typically they're satisfied with a simple answer. "I avoid sulfates and silicones" doesn't usually get the "eww" reaction that "I wash with conditioner" does.

If your b/f's complaint is mostly about "expensive products", you can start CG with drugstore products for under $10. As for you already having curl, unlike some others who started with damaged hair that had lost its curl, CG will still help your hair out. My hair wasn't heat damaged or processed when I started CG, and it looks and feels noticeably better after... shinier, softer, and with more consistent curl.

Spring Products /Routine:
Clarifying: ACV rinses, Suave Professional Men Deep Clean Peppermint
Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, Cure Care
Stylers: HESMU, LALSG
PT: IAGirl's (every 2 weeks or as needed)
Trying: Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
Geek_Chic is online now   Reply With Quote