sometimes I wonder if our vision is skewed also, because society is so overweight now that what to us seems normal is actually....overweight. Like how some department stores call the plus sized section "today's woman"

She is a plus size model, plus size models are small for being plus sized, they're still models. It is what it is. Even if it's stupid. Which it is. But someone buys into it cause they're still doing it.
Originally Posted by murrrcat
In the 80's and early 90's the sample sizes provided for actors/models were sizes 6-8 and 10. The sizes used to be 6/7, 7/8, etc... It's quite a drastic difference when you look at the 0-2 now. R. Witherspoon she lost weight from a 4-6 so she could have more choices in clothing. She could not fit into anything provided now.

I think what people see, through media, has affected views. At one point models like Twiggy were a rarity. Now they are all twigs. I would love it if thy showed every size, without the attached labels.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??