Hello.
My hair type is 2a. I'm 21 and I'm from India. As a child I had stick straight, thick black hair. Much if that is gone now
At 16 I started using hair products from Dove and man, did my hair love it. After two years, all the silicones from that product made my hair so dry and frizzy. I actually bought myself a flat iron thinking that it will fix my awkwardly straight hair. I knew flat iron damages hair so I looked up websites where I could find how to protect hair. Thats when I came across this website and realized what I was doing wrong.
I immediately changed my routine and products.. Sadly, silicone free products are not available here,so I use stuff with cones listed at the bottom of the ingredients list (buying body products online is not an option for me because my mom doesn't trust online sites and freaks out everytime I try to do so ) .
So, the health of my hair improved so much after this. The frizz is gone, I discovered that my real hair is 2a and I can't thank this website and the wonderful ladies enough for saving my hair.

I use aloe vera to reduce excess shedding and castor oil on my scalp in attempt to retrieve at least a little bit of the thickness I had as a child.

I currently use Herbal Essences HH, Garnier, Enliven conditioners for rinse outs and co wash.
I use coconut and olive oil and honey as deep treatments.
I'm still looking for a good styling product.
I still use sulfates to clean but I usually dilute it and I shampoo once in two weeks. Vinegar works well on cleaning my hair too.

Sent from android curltalk app.
HAIR TYPE -2a-b, black, mostly medium
CO WASH, RO-HE HH and ENLEVEN and GARNIER RANGE
CLARIFY- I use sulphate shampoos silicone free(diluted), vinegar rinses
DC-pure coconut oil, olive oil, sometimes a SMT
LI-aloe vera gel + castor oil
I'm currently at BSL, aiming for waist length.I'm a very impatient person, wish me luck
I love my flat iron, but I love my waves even more. :-D

Last edited by ShubhoR; 11-30-2012 at 08:21 AM.