I'm still waiting for an African-American AND curly Disney Princess!
Originally Posted by ElizabethFaith
Have you seen the Princess and the Frog? That's an African American princess.

And they sell the Brave chick in the princess section of toys and she is definitely a curly.

The Disney image of a princess never made me feel like I couldn't be a princess because of my curly hair. I do love the variety of the princesses tho. I especially love Mulan because she's a fighter and that was NEVER the typical Disney princess when I was a kid....but that's me taking her personality into account not her looks.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by CurlyJ9
yeah but, a natural hair african decent princess. I think that's what she meant. I doubt it will ever happen, but I would love to see that. and what if she was princess in a african country? after all belle refrenced several times that she is in france, why can't a princess be in ghana? to make it work the movie can be based on a african folktale like noma and the fish or mufaro's beautiful daughters. both stories are similar to cinderella but diffrent enough to work. I vote mufaro.

I can actually picture her, beautiful with dark brown skin, and a head full of long dark type 4 curls similar to naptual's, drapped in a beautiful curve hugging pink/trimmed in gold silk dress, with gold sandals and a gold headband.
As you can see i've given this alot of thought over the years, lol.

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
Last Relaxer: February 14, 2011
BC: March 17, 2012
Porosity: Low to Normal
Curl Type: 4a/3c
Texture: Coarse
Density: Thick
Length:shoulder

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter