View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #13
ShubhoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyB_ View Post
I've been trying to talk my mother into the CG method, as i have a 3 year old sister who has gor the most aodrable curls i've ever seen and i don't wabt my mom to destroy them by using agressive chemical products.
She only washes her hair once a week and during the restant 6 days she does NOTHING to her hair, no mosturizing, no dc, no pt.... It's making me really sad to see my sisters hair being destroyed like this! (last week my mom even had to cut some of her hair off because she had really bad dreadlocks at some spots)

I ordered deva no poo and one conditioner for me a few weeks ago and paid about 40€ (12oz) with shipping. Asked her if she also wanted me to order them for my sister (as i don't live at home anymore and she can't use mine with me) and she told me that 40€ is too expensive for hair products - i'd be ok with it, if i didn't knew that she pays 30€ every week for getting her hair straightened!!
I wish i could afford buying my sisters hair products, but i haven't been able to find any good and affordable products here in austria yet.

Sorry about letting my frustration out, but there isn't anyone else with whom i could "talk" about it...my friends think i'm exagerating and shouldn't mind because in the end it's just hair ...

Do you think i'm over reacting on this?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
Absolutely not. I have a 9 year old sister too, she has straight hair but it's dry and extremely prone to split ends. She isn't very patient and won't let me properly oil her hair before she shampoo.. Well I could go on and on about how her impatience and my mom's ignorance about good hair care just annoys me..but the thing is I understand your concern.
Maybe you can introduce your mom to this website . And you can start by telling her how regular straightening damages hair . If you can't find cheapie CG friendly products at the supermarkets, you can always go for natural stuff. Vinegar does clean hair gently and you can seal the moisture in with olive oil and castor oil. You can do this for your sister.
I live in a place where getting CG friendly products are barely available and buying online is not an option for me..i had to improvise.
Good luck

Sent from android curltalk app.
DC-pure coconut oil, olive oil, sometimes a SMT
LI-aloe vera gel + castor oil
I'm currently at BSL, aiming for waist length.I'm a very impatient person, wish me luck
I love my flat iron, but I love my waves even more. :-D
ShubhoR is offline   Reply With Quote