View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
penspend

Default I don't know where to start.

I've struggled with frizzy, poofy, thick hair my entire life - I straightened it every day in middle school (I'm now 17), but even that didn't seem to work correctly. I received a pixie cut my freshman year and decided to embrace my curly hair from that moment on, but as my hair grew out, it got continually less curly (I think I'm 2B/2C, probably more 2B) and became more frizzy and nonuniform in curling. I use the CG method mainly, with a sulfate-free shampoo once a week or so, but I don't know if it's my haircut that's weighing everything down or if my hair just isn't taking to the products/I'm not applying them correctly; I'm really at a loss here.

I doubt my hair is curly enough to benefit from a devacut, plus the closest stylist is 45 minutes away from where I live. Right now I have two distinct layers of hair - my stylist (also my mother's) cut my hair wet, so the difference in length between the two must have not seemed as drastic as it was before it dried. The longer layer comes down to my shoulder blades, and the top layer brushes my shoulders. Regardless of how a new cut would affect my hair, I'd still like to fix this - what do I do? I'd like to keep the length, more or less, but I don't know what to ask for that would solve this problem.

Mostly just have frizzy triangle head fluff right now and I'd just like some direction on where to go from here. Products/methods/anything would be welcome, and thanks in advance.
penspend is offline   Reply With Quote