Hello! I've been on here before, years ago, but not really enough. I am a 21-year-old 2c (possibly 3a) curly girl (since it says Taylor Swift's hair is 2c, I'll go with that, it has pretty much the same pattern). It's shoulder-length, which is a great achievement for me, since it grows so slowly.

My hair is very VERY dry; the top part usually does well enough and looks smooth and fine... But the bottom layer is an absolute mess. It grows all over the place in very coarse, brittle strands. It's also splintering and splitting more and more often. I'm just lost on what to do, and I'm just considering chopping it all off, though it grows so slowly I would hate myself for doing that.

So about my routine. I try to wash one day and let it rest another with Clear dandruff shampoo. I've tried doing less, but it refuses to be styled and gets horrible dandruff! Plus I live in Mexico, and the heat from spring to autumn makes it really awkward for myself and others around me if I don't shampoo. I Use TreSemme Naturals silicone-free conditioner as a leave-in and usually pair it up with TreSemme Curl Care mousse. I try to use avocado, olive, or sweet almond oil whenever possible, but it ends up only happening once or twice a month.

What should I do? Can it still be saved, or should I just start over and hope I can get shoulder-length hair again in a decade or so?