View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlily716 View Post
I think it sounds like you have classic dry scalp. This means the skin on your scalp is flaking because it is DRY! That's why the tea tree oil (which is very strong and drying) is probably removing more moisture from your scalp, resulting in more flakes.

It's good to exfoliate and cleanse every once in awhile for the flakes, but too much can just exacerbate them. Something that really works for me is rubbing coconut oil all over my scalp, sleeping in a shower cap or plastic wrap, and then washing it out in the morning. My scalp will be completely itch free after that. I also like to mix brown sugar in with my conditioner wash to exfoliate, but no more than once a week. That really helps get rid of the flakes.

Hope that helps! I have always had dry scalp too. It's annoying :P
Do I use pure coconut oil or can I use the Blue Magic tub (that's what I have). Also, how often should I try this out first? Lastly, do you use sulfate free poo or regular poo to wash it the next day?

Thanks a lot for this recommendation. I'm willing to try ANYTHING at this point! :P

3a/3b curls.
Medium texture, medium porosity, and extremely protein sensitive.
Moderate CG? No harsh sulfates, limited 'cones.
Poo: L'oreal Ever Sleek
Condish: GVP Conditioning Balm
Deep Condish: L'oreal Ever Pure
Styling products: Bumble & Bumble smoothing creme, Not Your Mother's Curl Creme, and Giovanni gel.
gee is offline   Reply With Quote