My hair is pretty thick -- 3a -- but fine, and I've done the combo of Knot Today, Curl Keeper and ReCoil with no issues.

I tend to use ReCoil more in the winter months (right now it is a staple for me!) and I actually get terrific results just using ReCoil and then LA Looks Sport Gel over it -- I ran out of Curl Keeper so I tried it without...and I love it!

My hair is shorter right now, just grazing my shoulders, and I use about a chickpea-size blob of ReCoil. I put it in my hand, rub my palms together until I get a thick white 'paste', then I slick it over my (dripping wet) hair and rake/comb it in (with a wide-tooth comb). If I'm feeling feisty, I sometimes flip my hair over and add a little more.

After I do this, I flip my hair and scrunch it to get out excess water (this is in the shower) and then I just wrap/turban my hair with a flour sack towel.

After I'm dried off and dressed, I take off the towel, rake/scrunch in my gel, add clips to my crown and air-dry for about an hour, then diffuse to finish the drying process.

ReCoil plays very nicely with Knot Today, in my experience. It is a lighter leave-in for me -- I usually go a little heavier in the winter -- but it was nearly 70 degrees here in Illinois yesterday so I used Knot Today with my ReCoil/LALSG combo and it was awesome!
~ Wendi in IL
3a - fine, colored hair w/normal porosity (loves protein!)
CG since March 2010
Co-Wash: V05, Suave or Cure Care
Low Poo: Desert Essence
Condish: GVP Balm, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
Leave-In:
Cure Care, KCKT
Styler: SS FHG, Re-Coil, LALSG, BRHG