Would you all say the leave in is the most important part of reducing frizz? Like, maybe trying just a leave in and some sort of light styler? Or would the CK act as both of those?

Hmmm, I like the idea of skipping the plop and losing the duckbills and the curl creme. I've been plopping mostly to keep my hair out of my way until I'm ready to deal with it, and it helps a little bit with removing excess water. I wonder if I used just a normal hair towel if it would promote "less" curling?

The style I'm trying to go for is having it less curly up towards my roots, but still having body and waves. I feel like it would look shinier, too, which would be nice. Kind of like this pic of Gisele (who, of course, has a completely different hair type, prob has extensions in, and has a full team at her disposal. But you get the idea...)

Even the straight-ish crown with curls towards the bottom, a la Taylor Swift would be nice....

Thanks so much ladies!!
Originally Posted by mickalia
I hate to tell you that both of those styles are created with heat. That's why they look so perfect. However, I agree that you will have no problem achieving a flatter top without the clips and plopping. Most people complain about the opposite.

I don't do this because I want less curl, but more just as a nervous habit. A lot of times throughout the day I finger comb through my curls and it definitely loosens them up. I can style as usual and get away with a decent amount of finger combing before it gets too frizzy. Maybe you can try that!
2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF