If you already don't use sulfates or silicones, then you technically already are CG. Going CG doesn't mean you have to buy "CG" specific products - lots of people are CG and use drugstore products. Whether or not you co-wash is up to you - a lot of wavies prefer to low-poo instead. The Devacurl low-poo is a great place to start - some people love Deva, some don't, but only you will know your your hair responds. It can be a little confusing and overwhelming at first when you're looking at product ingredients. I saw your other post about humectants, so I'm not going to focus on that. As far as staying away from protein, that really depends on the texture of your hair (thickness of the individual strands). Did you get a hair analysis done? If you have fine hair (individual strands are thin), then your hair should like protein. If the strands are course (thicker), then you should stay away from proteins. Proteins will either say protein, or amino acids, or keratin, or collagen. There are also some plant-based/natural sources of proteins. If you like the conditioner you already use, and it's silicone free, there's no reason you can't keep using it. If you feel like its not performing well, it could be you need more or moisture, or adjust the amount of protein.
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011