Curly men -- the battle...
I honestly wish that curly hair on guys was more accepted by other guys. My boyfriend of three years has the most handsome 3a/3b curls all over his head, and when he wears it curly, it's super sexy.
However, he gets so many comments about how he looks "scruffy" and has a "man-fro" that every 2-3 months he goes in and gets it cut so short that all his curls disappear. I beg him every time not to; I tell him that he looks good with curly hair, but he wants to look "professional" (his words, not mine), so he does it anyway.
I've tried to explain that he looks amazing with curly hair, but because he refuses to use any product at all on his hair (product, according to him, is girly), he gets frustrated fast with the volume of curl that results.
I really wish that other people would stop razzing him about his hair and he would just grow to accept and like the hair he has, but I don't know if that will happen anytime in the foresee-able future.
If any guys out there have any insight, I would be glad to hear it.
- 2b/2c, medium thickness, high density, medium porosity, protein-loving, mid-back length hair
- Olivella Professional Conditioner & Tresemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner: co-wash / leave-in
- Smooth 'n Shine Curl Activator Gel & Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel: styling products
- olive oil, coconut oil, & castor oil: occasional hair / scalp treatments
- Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance Free Body Wash: occasional 'cone-free, fragrance free 'poo