Hippiechic, Its a mesh sock that goes over the air nozzle of your hairdryer. The original hot sock is sold here in the store and on Amazon. There's a knockoff one at Sallys, but it has a smaller band around it and its made from a cheaper material. It works the same though. Its main advantage is that it fits a wider range of dryers and is super portable. Since its smaller than a bowl I could move it around and get into small areas with it. It has some drawbacks though. On some dryers it has a tendency to blow off, and I would have to keep a finger or my thumb on it to keep it on. Also you had to be careful not to let it touch your hair or your hair will stick to it.

Honestly, I get the same result from the bowl diffuser that I have now. The trick is to not let the diffuser touch your hair, but rather use it to blow diffused air and heat onto the hair to dry it. I also cup my hair in the opposite hand to keep the air from blowing it around in addition to holding the curl.
Have several allergies and sensitivities.
Current products
Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.

Last edited by riotkitty; 12-05-2012 at 09:40 AM.