I dated an alcoholic for a couple of years, it is hard to get past it. I know for me now I'm hyper aware of people drinking (it wasn't until I moved in with him that I realized just how bad it was and subsequently how much he'd been lying and hiding) . My radar will probably always be on high alert. I'm okay with that (to be clear I'm not the alcohol police I am just more aware of patterns of behavior).

All of that being said, I would not get involved with someone who had a dependency like that again. In addition, I'm looking for someone to be a partner in my life and there are few professionals I know who smoke that much weed. In my field, one random drug search, failed urine test, whatever, your job is gone. Why would I want to be involved with someone who chooses risky illegal behavior on a continual basis?

ETA - you are studying to be a counselor, what would you tell a client who is getting involved with men who have dependency issues? Maybe research this from a learning perspective for yourself (ie what would you say to a client) and perhaps you will be able to see it from a different perspective

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
Modified CG since Dec 2011
Growing out super short cut

High porosity, fine, unknown curl type, somewhere in the 2s at the moment
Mostly low poo
Current rotation includes:
Wash: Yes To Carrots -Condition: Yes to Cucumber, Nature's Gate Jojoba, One C - Stylers: Deva volumizing foam, Deva UDG B'Leave In, Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl spray

Last edited by PerriP; 12-07-2012 at 05:13 PM.