Ricotdorothy, I forgot to thank for the bump! So … thanks

Sistapopdemcurl, sounds like you've really made amla work for you. About how long have you been using it?

Poema, I think we “talked” about henna on another thread recently. It's great that it works for you so well and doesn't relax your curl I had one bad experience with it (a migraine was made worse lol), but am still considering matching it with the amla and some indigo. Not quite sure what I want to do anymore Yeah, I hear the amla is really gritty and hard to rinse out – looks like some ppl on that old amla thread tried to remedy that problem by mixing it with coconut milk (have you?). For some it worked, for others it didn't (I think?).

MrsComboCurlz, a question about the online shop: Do you know if their ingredients are strictly organic? I keep reading that ingredients like henna and amla need to have no other additives or you can't go back to using commercial dyes (without ruining your hair). TIA
Originally Posted by Korkscrew

Ooh, is scent one of your migraine triggers or did it just exacerbate a migraine that was brewing from something else? Amla isn't too hard to rinse out – it's very similar to henna actually. Just rinse under the tub faucet and grab some cheap condish and go go go! lol I haven't used coconut milk in my mixes, because I like to keep them very simple. That way if I don't like what the treatment does to my hair, I have a very short list to troubleshoot.
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD prone & Propylene Glycol Sensitive

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment Neutrogena T-Sal; H&S Clinical Strength