Update: the procedure went really well and I'm thrilled with the results.

Post-op was a pita, lots of Aquaphor and face washing. The first four days weren't painful, but looked it. Day 2 I swelled up, day 3, I enjoyed Thanksgiving at my BF's house while her daughter stared at me throughout dinner, day 4 was the last day of scary face, by day 7 I was back at work and everyone just asked where I got sun. I stayed inside most of those days and when I ventured out, I was covered with a hat and shades.

The skin is smooth and refreshed. I'm not kidding when I say it probably shaved 4-6 years off my looks, people comment on my "glow" and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

The procedure itself took 15 minutes, if you have a tattoo it feels a little similar to that. I went in without expectations because I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment.

I'm 43, grew up in Phoenix, never wore sunscreen and smoked for 20+ years, I feel like I've a new start to take care of my skin and I no longer need all the expensive skin care products... just a good cleanser and sunscreen.

I can see myself doing this again in another 10 years or so.
2b/3a.