I like Teri LaFlesh's Tightly-Curly method (The Rules) and actually twist and stretch each curl. (It took some practice, but I got it down to about 20-30 minutes.)

I co-wash about 2-3 days. I make sure my hair is dripping wet. I section my hair into four parts. I take a big glob of conditioner (and only you'll know how much to use) along with some gel - about 3 parts conditioner to 1 part gel, and mix it in my hands. I rake it through then take small sections of hair and twist with my fingers.

Depending on the weather and season, I usually let it air dry, or I'll blow-dry with a diffuser until it's mostly dry. My hair is about shoulder-length, so at night I'll tie a satin scarf on my head. (It's usually shmooshed the next morning, but I water-spritz and shake my head and the curls bounce back!) The definition lasts until my next co-wash, but by day 3 it's somewhat poofy and frizzy.

My favorite co-wash/rinse-out conditioner is Renpure My Pretty Hair is Parched.

My favorite leave-ins are SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Renpure Argan Oil Conditioner and Tresemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner.

My favorite gels are Kinky-Curly Curling Custard and Biotera Styling Gel (from Sally Beauty).

Hope this helps!

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
- Charlie Brown
HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna