Jas and bookgirl, you may both be my hair twins I have normal porosity, but it seems like our hair behaves very similarly. Like the other posters have said, my hair also looks better when diffused. I get better root lift/curl and volume, and feel like my curls are springier. I was trying to do a no heat challenge, but now that the weather is colder, I can't stand to leave the house with a wet head and wait the 3-4 hours for my hair to dry. Since I'm only washing my hair 2-3 times a week, I figure if I diffuse 1-2 of those times, it's not a big deal. I use the pixie method for diffusing, as this helps eliminate any extra frizz that I would normally get, and I use a bowl diffuser. I've never tried clipping, so I may need to try this also. I diffused my hair yesterday, and today I'm having awesome 2nd day hair - makes me wonder if this might be a consistent thing with diffusing (better first day hair, better 2nd day hair).
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011