So wait... You only wash once a week? Do you co-wash or re-wet in between then? There's no way my hair would make it a full week.
Originally Posted by Jas76
To be fair, I have very thick, dry hair and a dry scalp. So a) my scalp doesn't produce much oil to begin with and b) whatever oil I do have, my hair soaks up and loves, hahaha. My roots start to feel oily at the one week mark, and at that my curls start to look frizzy/unruly, so I wash. My hair HATES rewetting without a full wash, so spritzing with water to restyle is not an option for me

HOWEVER, 'cones do a great job extending my wash time because of how soft my hair feels (I used to wash around day 4 because my hair would reel rough/tangly) and they make my hair more slippery and smoother and better at retaining some semblance of order/style. They also make my hair shiny and block out the elements of humidity and dry air fairly well.

I do also lose some curl, I get the beachy hollywood wave look rather than my 2C/3A combo from the CG method. That said, I use some heavy products designed for straightening/smoothing AND I rake them through, so. Your curl-loss may be less than mine if you keep a curl-enhancing method of applying your products. Plus, you were looking more towards the A-cone. I like dimethicone & such, which I believe is heavier.
whurly girly (2C/3A).
thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!