View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #11
dresdendoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizard View Post
Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately, I've tried KCKT, and it didn't work either. I've been doing some detective work, and I think this might be a porosity issue. When I got my hair analysis, it came back normal porosity, but I've never trusted it. I really feel like my hair is low porosity. I've noticed that when I use leave-in without diffusing, my hair feels greasy, but when I diffuse, it feels fine. I think the heat from the diffusing helps the moisture get into my hair rather than sitting on top.
I've been testing out the Darcy's Botanicals Daily Leave-in, and it's actually really great! It might even replace KCKT for me. It's similar in the slip and texture, but I feel like KCKT kind of elongates curls and pulls them down while the DB keeps them more bouncy. If that makes sense, haha. Also, I find it more moisturizing, but not in a greasy way.

I second Calendula's suggestion of the Beautiful Curls Reviving Tonic! I use it sometimes on dry hair in the morning to get my style back. Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave-in Conditioning Spritz is also becoming one of my favorites. It has really great herbs for healthy hair and is hydrating without being heavy

Cleanser: BRÖÖ Smoothing I.P.A. Shampoo
RO: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Styler: Beautiful Curls Gel for Wavy to Curly Hair

all-natural products, light moisture, humectants, argan oil
silk protein, synthetic ingredients, heavy oils/products, cowashing
dresdendoll is offline   Reply With Quote