Do I use pure coconut oil or can I use the Blue Magic tub (that's what I have). Also, how often should I try this out first? Lastly, do you use sulfate free poo or regular poo to wash it the next day?

Thanks a lot for this recommendation. I'm willing to try ANYTHING at this point! :P
Originally Posted by gee
You'll want to pick up some pure coconut oil. Just checked out the blue magic and it has petrolatum in it, which isn't water soluble, so I personally wouldn't put it on my scalp. Shampoo might get rid of it, but pure oil will wash out easier.

I think you could do this weekly or biweekly. I have rather porous hair that sucks up oil and moisture, so it does not get oily. I can get away with just cowashing. If you tend to get oily scalp, have fine hair, or just want a clean feeling I would no-poo. Brushing your hair while wet also distributes the oil from your scalp. You will probably have to experiment a little. I hope it helps!
Originally Posted by waterlily716
Sorry for the delayed reply, finals week is kicking my butt! But, I have tried Olive Oil but I didn't see any results and it was very hard to wash out. I am debating between coconut oil and jojoba oil because I heard its almost like our natural oils. Either way, I ditch the Blue Magic and make sure I get the pure oil. Also, how do I brush out the flakes? Are there any special scalp combs for this?

3a/3b curls.
Medium texture, medium porosity, and extremely protein sensitive.
Moderate CG? No harsh sulfates, limited 'cones.
Poo: L'oreal Ever Sleek
Condish: GVP Conditioning Balm
Deep Condish: L'oreal Ever Pure
Styling products: Bumble & Bumble smoothing creme, Not Your Mother's Curl Creme, and Giovanni gel.