Im on my second week CG and my hair doesn't look healthy at all! Amazing how cones managed to make it look great...

I DC at least once a week, always moisturize, seal in, sleep on a satin pillowcase, keep my hair up when possible..but it still looks like straw to me (i don't think that other people can see any difference yet). I am also having issues with dandruff - its even worse than before! But I heard from several people that their got better after a few sulfate free weeks ...im curious to se if it'll work on my scalp too.

Can't wait for the 6-9 weeks to be over soon so i can see if its only about the changes in ingredients my hair is going through, or if it is only craving for cones to look healthy again! But all in all i'm still happy about making the decision to go CG, I think its the best thing i have done to my hair (and scalp) in ages - though one can't see it yet. But I'm positive about seeing/feeling results soon

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by CurlyB_
Did you clarify to remove the cones before starting cg?

If your hair is straw-like, that indicates a protein overload. You can do a wet stretch test to find your protein/moisture needs. You may need to adjust your products if protein is a problem.

Glad to see your positive attitude. I had a rough transition, and a rough ride of using wrong products, but it was worth it in the end.
remember, with all advice or suggestions for your hair, YMMV!!
My hair:
2b wavy, medium texture, low porosity, med-high density. Protein finicky.
My routine:
Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
LI: KCKT or CJSL
Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.