I told my bf a few weeks ago that i was planning on going CG and explained to him what it exactly meant (goodbye to poo and silicones). To show him some results of other curlies i sent him to a thread of nc.com, and all he had to say was "but you already have curls, see this girls didn't have any or really few thats why they did all this crazy stuff you're planning to...you should spend your money on something useful rather than buying expensive hair products that you don't need!"

I wonder if I had damaged my hair more in the past few years if he would understand that it is not only about the curls, but about making your hair and scalp healthy and happy ...

Have any of you had similar experiences??
How did you explain to your loved ones what the CG method is, and what did they say?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by CurlyB_
Going cg doesnt mean that you have to spend more on expensive cg friendly products. For me it has actually been the opposite. I no longer use expensive crappy products that smells good but contains sulfates and cones no longer that strips my hair for moisture but use organic contitioner that fits my hairtype for a cheap price like aubrey organics or loreal eversleek conditioner that are both cg-friendly and under 10 dollar at iherb.com.
I also use deep treatments with natural products like oils, egg, coconutmilk, henna etc. And it works :-) i have never ever had more defined curls and healthy hair ever. And i get compliments all the time whitch is nice :-)
Hair type/properties:
3c hair, high porosity, mediumdensity, low elasticity, fine hair.

Curly hair routine/regime:
Combine the modified cg-method (low poo) and a modified tightly curly method.
-Condition and leave in: Aubrey Organics, Giovanni Barzilian keratin and argan oil
-Sealer: shea butter, Argan, olive and coconutoil
-Gel: homemade flaxseed gel, Kinky curly custard, Queen Helene Curl royal shaping creme.

Last edited by Curly Sara; 05-17-2013 at 01:44 PM.