I decided to try a new product this morning because today is a day I can look like a troll doll with relatively few people seeing me. It's a good thing I chose today, because I do, indeed, look like a troll doll.

I used a sulfate-free "shampoo" with excellent ingredients. The shampoo was creamy, elegant, and a little foamy. I could even run my fingers through some of my hair while the shampoo was in it.

Problems occurred when it came time to rinse. I could not get the stuff out of my hair. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed. I applied my conditioner and it burst into foam. So I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed, and after I shook my head I could hear that sparkly sound like bubbles popping in my hair! I was already freaked out because I was wasting water (I usually rinse in a sink or a tub and don't run the water), so I got out my Kinky Curly shampoo, and scrubbed my hair, even though it wasn't time for clarifying.

This "shampoo" is an extreme example, but I often deal with that foaming problem when applying products, and I'm wondering if it has to do with porosity. I've read that low porosity, which I seem to have, can cause some of this, but I don't understand how it could cause that with a shampoo, which is supposed to remove product from hair.
3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
CG since August 2011/Occasionally Modified since 2013
Favorites:KCKT/KCCC/CHS Curl Keeper/Camille Rose Curl Maker/
ORS Curls Unleased Second ChanceRefresher/
It's a 10 Leave-in/BRHG/
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine butter/
Ouidad Double-Detangler Comb