I decided to try a new product this morning because today is a day I can look like a troll doll with relatively few people seeing me. It's a good thing I chose today, because I do, indeed, look like a troll doll.

I used a sulfate-free "shampoo" with excellent ingredients. The shampoo was creamy, elegant, and a little foamy. I could even run my fingers through some of my hair while the shampoo was in it.

Problems occurred when it came time to rinse. I could not get the stuff out of my hair. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed. I applied my conditioner and it burst into foam. So I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed, and after I shook my head I could hear that sparkly sound like bubbles popping in my hair! I was already freaked out because I was wasting water (I usually rinse in a sink or a tub and don't run the water), so I got out my Kinky Curly shampoo, and scrubbed my hair, even though it wasn't time for clarifying.

This "shampoo" is an extreme example, but I often deal with that foaming problem when applying products, and I'm wondering if it has to do with porosity. I've read that low porosity, which I seem to have, can cause some of this, but I don't understand how it could cause that with a shampoo, which is supposed to remove product from hair.
3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
CG since August 2011/Occasionally Modified since 2013
Favorites: Wen Cleansing Conditioner/Coconut Lime Verbena and Spring Orange Blossom, Pure Argan Oil, Pure Coconut Oil,
KCKT, KC Come Clean, Desert Essence Soft Curls Coconut Hair Cream, Eco Natural Curling Cocktail, Desert Essence Hair Defrizzer and Heat Protector