My last boyfriend was from Mexico. He asked me to marry him and I even went to an attorney to see about making him legal. It would have cost me over $5000 to get him here legally. I wanted him to come illegally and that we work out his legality after he got here.

We didn't marry. I realized that I was making a terrible mistake.

I had illegal family members here. They all paid taxes and worked hard. They have all been legalized over the years.

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone can say absolutely no so easily. And the reasons I'm coming up with don't sit well with me. Then again, I am very sensitive to the subject.
Originally Posted by Curlyminx
I thought I was the only one who kind of winced once or twice reading this thread.
Originally Posted by Saria
I'm having difficulty with this thread as well. Growing up some of my best friends were "illegal". I guess things in Miami are different than in other areas of the Nation, but I've never asked someone if they're here legally. I wouldn't marry someone, I don't know, solely to help them become legal, but it wouldn't stop me from forming a relationship and falling in love.
Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master!
Originally Posted by Poodlehead