This is seriously BAD. My oldest son comes home from college yesterday, looks at me, and says, "Interesting look, Mom. Tina Turner? 1980s? I'm not sure you can pull it off." (!!)

My hair felt like I'd let shampoo dry in it. It was sticky, and nasty.

No SLS or ALS has touched my hair for years, but I was so frustrated I dug out some samples of Sodium Laureth Sulfate shampoo and I washed my hair twice with it. Still the foaming and stickiness! So I washed my hair with about a 1/2 cup of baking soda and water.

It actually felt better after that. I left GVP Balm on it for awhile, rinsed, and it dried while I was sleeping. This morning I looked like Robert Smith from The Cure circa 1986, so I wet my hair. It seemed okay. I put in some DevaCare gel...and bam! The sudsing again!

It must be something in the water, maybe? I moved here to AZ last summer from Southern CA (which actually has worse water than AZ). Maybe there's some chemical change this time of year in the water supply? I don't know. My hair is matting up in balls, and I can see suds in the straw-like knots. I don't think the baking soda has rinsed out completely yet either...

Just when it seemed like my hair was finally growing and doing well...LOL!
If only I had Tina Turner's legs...
Attached Thumbnails
Is this from porosity?-tina-turner.jpg  
3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
CG since August 2011/Modified since 2013
Favorites: KC Knot Today,Camille Rose Curl Maker, Curl Keeper, Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee,
Curls Unleashed Second Chance Curl Refresher,
As I Am CoWash, Deva No-comb Detangler Spray,
No-Poo, One Condition
CHS Tweek, Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Spray