So I typically estimate measurements, especially with additives... Just FYI.
I put 1.5 cups of water into the pot, and added a green tea bag. (may or may not use that next time. It colors the gel.)
Then I put in two tbs of seeds.
I strain that into a bowl with a pour spout.
I then did another 1-1.5cups of water, and use the same seeds from the strainer. (no tea this time.) While that's boiling, I mixed some cool water (maybe 1/3 cup?) with 1.5 tsp corn starch and one packet of gelatin.
I strained into the bowl, and make a 3rd batch of plain FSG, stained that, then pour all the mixture back into the pot.
(at this point I've used two full bottles of water, apx 34oz of water - but plenty of evaporation.)
I stir in the starch and gelatin mixture until well desolved.
I turn down the heat and add the following: (again all apx measurements)
2 tsp Epsom salt
2 tbs ACV (note - I think I added too much)
2tsp jojoba oil (note - this won't mix well, and you'll have to shake your mixture before use.)
2 tsp honey
I pour it all back into the bowl, and add 1/2c AVG, and whisked. (you may have to whisk while adding the other additives, too. I did.)
Then I poured it into the freezer jars.
I was afraid the gelatin would not set at all, but by morning it had! It was a nice gel/jelly texture. I put 3 of the freezer jars in the freezer, and poured the 4th into the squeeze bottle. Actually, I used it out of the jar this morning, and then poured it into the squeeze bottle when runnier.
Straight from the fridge it's a little firmer. Not full out jello, by any means, but firmer. After my shower was done and it had warmed slightly it was a little more runny. Still not as much as plain FSG, but close.
Like I said, I'll see how this turns out, and once I do, I'll adjust the recipe if needed! Add a batch of plain FSG, I think. Maybe some LI.
Again, all additive measurements are estimated, and can be left out or increased/decreased to your preference!
Just let me know if you have any questions!
So, I went ahead and added some FSG, and about a tbs of condish. The gel had almost too much hold, but that might have just been bc I used the normal amount of hard hold gel over it, and I might not have needed that much. I could have tried it as is again tomorrow and experimented, but like I said before, I think I added too much ACV before.
I like the way my hair turned out, tho! And I think it would have been even better if I had been better with my technique. (I was rushed, and then ended up leaving my plop on too long.)
I'm anxious to see if the gelatin still sets up now with the added FSG, but I think it will. If not, I put it all back in the pot and add a little more gelatin! Lol!!
So far I'm happy, tho!