LOL! This reminds me of how my sister-in-law once complimented me on how healthy and thick my hair looked and asked me specifically what conditioner I use. I told her Giovanni 50:50 Hydrating Calming Conditioner with oil and honey added for the DC, VO5 as my RO and Shea Moisture Restorative Care as my LI. She wrinkled up her nose like something smelled bad then told me my hair would "fall out" from using all those "white people" conditioners on my hair and from leaving conditioner in my hair instead of rinsing it out. Keep in mind, though she is natural (she heat straightens regularly), her hair looks perpetually short, thin and damaged on a good day.

On another note, I remember reading somewhere (maybe one of the forums here in CT) that before hair conditioners were invented/discovered that people applied fabric softener to their hair after shampooing then rinsed it out to help soften the hair after cleansing. I would imagine that leaving fabric softener in your hair might have some ill effects on your hair so maybe that's where the belief that leaving conditioner in your hair causes it to fall out comes from...
Originally Posted by belwillcoily

How many times a week do you wet your hair ?
Originally Posted by Dragonwell
Hi Dragonwell.

How many times a week I wet my hair depends on how I am wearing it. I'm a two strand twist gal a large percentage of the time. When it's time to cleanse and condition my hair for the week, I do a myriad of things to infuse my LP strands with moisture (i.e. overnight prepoo/overnight DC, moisturizing low 'poo, RO, LI, FSG and final step a very light coating of my oil mix to seal. Since my strands are LP, I don't need a lot of oil for sealing purposes.

If I go on to put my hair in two strands after my weekly cleanse and conditioning, then I don't need to wet my hair again until I wash and condition again which for me is every 5 to 7 days. If I wear my hair out like in twist out for instance, I do wet it very lightly every day until I wash and condition again. The effects of all the moisturizing don't last as long when my hair is not in twists. The twists themselves lock in moisture. When my hair is out, I lose the moisture locking feature and it can dry out quickly thus become brittle and dry and start to break.

My son's hair is about 5 to 6 inches long and he wears it in a 'fro most of the time. Sometimes I put it in flat twists. He wets his hair everyday when he wears his 'fro and his hair stays moisturized for drama and pain free pick out sessions when he styles it.

HTH!
Me Fascina El Pelo

Low Porosity; Medium Strands; Dense