View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
JJJungleJim

I have 3B/3C hair that is artificially coloured.

I usually do a co-wash every 2 - 3 days. Sometimes I use a sulfate-free
shampoo like Tigi Catwalk Curlesque or Aveeno Pure Renewal. Maybe once a month I will use a sulfate shampoo, usually Redken Colour Extend.

For rinse-out conditioner, my favorite is Yes to Cucumbers. Another good one is Matrix Moisture Hydration. Tigi used to make a good cone-free rinse-out called Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac, but of course they discontinued it. .

After rinsing out, I squeeze as much water as possible out of my hair. Then I do some towel drying. I first put in Yes to Carrots leave-in, followed by KCKT leave-in/detangler. Then I comb it with a wide-tooth comb. Then add a mousse, usually Tigi Catwalk Curlesque light mousse. That mousse has cones, but the amount that is deposited in my hair is minimal, because it is a foam and because I have already put the non-cone leave-ins in my hair.

I just let my hair air dry after that. I basically follow the above procedure after swimming. I always wear a bathing cap but that does not keep my hair completely dry whilst in the pool.

For 2nd/3rd day hair, I have a spray bottle with distilled water with some Yes to Carrots leave-in. I mist my hair and let it air dry.

On the whole, I am pleased with the results, But I'm always experimenting with new stuff and procedures.

"I've had enough. This is my prayer. That I'll die living just as free as my hair."
JJJungleJim is offline   Reply With Quote