I have 3B/3C hair that is artificially coloured.

I usually do a co-wash every 2 - 3 days. Sometimes I use a sulfate-free
shampoo like Tigi Catwalk Curlesque or Aveeno Pure Renewal. Maybe once a month I will use a sulfate shampoo, usually Redken Colour Extend.

For rinse-out conditioner, my favorite is Yes to Cucumbers. Another good one is Matrix Moisture Hydration. Tigi used to make a good cone-free rinse-out called Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac, but of course they discontinued it. .

After rinsing out, I squeeze as much water as possible out of my hair. Then I do some towel drying. I first put in Yes to Carrots leave-in, followed by KCKT leave-in/detangler. Then I comb it with a wide-tooth comb. Then add a mousse, usually Tigi Catwalk Curlesque light mousse. That mousse has cones, but the amount that is deposited in my hair is minimal, because it is a foam and because I have already put the non-cone leave-ins in my hair.

I just let my hair air dry after that. I basically follow the above procedure after swimming. I always wear a bathing cap but that does not keep my hair completely dry whilst in the pool.

For 2nd/3rd day hair, I have a spray bottle with distilled water with some Yes to Carrots leave-in. I mist my hair and let it air dry.

On the whole, I am pleased with the results, But I'm always experimenting with new stuff and procedures.
3B/3C hair, very dry
shoulder-length
coloured strawberry blonde with lighter blonde and red stripes

"I've had enough. This is my prayer. That I'll die living just as free as my hair."