Curlysue, these I have made and they are SO good. My mom used to make them years ago to take to family gatherings so it's one of those memory things for me as well. If you're going to use foil make sure to spray the hell out of it or you'll be picking pieces of foil off the underside of the graham crackers.
They're super easy! I haven't made them in a few years so I'm really looking forward to having some. I've always used sweetened coconut in the past, but I'm doing unsweetened this time because I've got some to use up.
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil or parchment and spray well with non-stick spray. Place graham crackers in pan; cover with marshmallows. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon over the marshmallows. Sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until browned. Cool completely. Cut into 2-in. squares, then cut each square in half to form triangles. Yield: about 6 dozen
And a picture I found online:
Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places.
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.