Oh, no! I know it didn't happen from drinking and job application, so what happened? I hope you're ok!
Originally Posted by NetG
Now THAT would be a great story!!!

But no, I stood up yesterday afternoon, not wearing my favorite boots which never hurt my feet, and started across polished concrete floors and I thought my left foot exploded. I've broken bones before and although this brought me to the floor, it was definately a different kind of pain. I assumed, wrongly, that it was my arthritis doing something horrible or perhaps it had become gout (arthritis' even uglier cousin). I had an interview so I took a deep breath, gritted my teeth and fake smiled my way through the rest of the day. The breath-taking pain eased up to a dull throb so I just kept going through the motions.

Last night the top of my foot was bruised! I had not hit it over anything. That's when I got nervous. I couldn't sleep because it hurt for covers to touch it. This morning I took a boiling hot bath and soaked it in epsom salt. It is not swollen at all but it hurts like the debbil. So I went to the walk-in doctor's office, walk-in being ironic in this instance!

I have strained a tendon, possibly torn it. I am in a boot and on crutches until Wednesday with lots of new exciting drugs for pain and inflammation. I am not supposed to put any weight on it at all. So no cooking or cleaning for the holidays. I guess we'll have sandwiches. Gah.

If it is not much improved by Wednesday, I'll go back and they'll take x-rays, etc. and based on that refer me to an orthopaedic surgeon who would schedule surgery for after the beginning of the year. Joy.