I finally found success with conditioner-only styling, and wanted to bump this thread to inspire others to keep trying until you find what works for you.

I've tried conditioner-only over the years, with little to no success. I've tried many, many, many different conditioners, and have always turned back to my tried and true KCCC/KCKT combo for styling.

I'm 3B, medium porosity, live in a high humidity/dew climate.

I recently picked up Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Conditioner from my local health food store, and it is ah-mah-zing! I simply load my hair up, then add a little bit of the KCKT until I'm sure my hair is saturated, plop with a tee shirt for just a couple of minutes (just long enough til I'm no longer drippy) and my hair comes out super soft and shiny and remains frizz-free the entire day. I have tried it without the KCKT, and the results were basically the same. My hair is maybe a touch softer with KCKT also.

Keep trying, ladies (and gents!), you'll find your HG

Ingredients: Deionized Water, hydrolyzed keratin, cottonseed oil, panthenol, balsam peru, olive oil, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, rosemary extract, barley extract, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, octyl dimethyl PABA, PEG-100 stearate, sodium caseinate, sodium hydroxide, corn oil, organic aloe vera gel, citric acid, organic essential oil, caramel, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, botanical fragrance
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
- Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.