Hey hon- I'm sending a big hug your way! We've all been there. I promise. This is weird, because I have the same problems as you and I'm in high school too! (Hair twin?) But yes, sometimes I just feel like products do nothing for my hair except make it stringy and gross. I still have just as much frizz my hair is just crunchy and has less curls. The great thing about wavy hair is it's a type of it's own. You don't have to put in any product in your hair after you shower (I only do occasionally) and it will still look OK. I know many 2a's do not use mousse, gel, etc. Because it weighs down their curls. Try a spray! Also you do not have to totally put down the hair dryer. Blow drying it occasionally will not kill your hair. I'd say no more then once a week. And with your hair type, it will straighten fairly quickly, reseulting in less damage. I know what your feeling because I'm going through it too. I only wear my hair down to school about once every two weeks! But my personal solution is lots of hair styles, i.e. braids, romantic buns, braided ponytail, etc.
~A proud 2c who is so thankful to have stumbled across this site over a year ago!