I didn't have much luck with CO washing either. My hair always looked limp and greasy and it didn't matter if I CO washed daily, every other or every third day...gross hair. Now I use what I consider to be a low poo, Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo. My conditioner is from Sally's, it's the conditioning balm and I also use it as a leave in. I am able to wash every other day and rarely do every third day. I comb the conditioner through my hair in the shower and that cuts down on tangles.

I have discovered if I don't use any styling products in my hair then my hair gets oily quicker. I'm thinking the styling products I use are holding in the moisture which balances things out. I have been using the Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo, Sally's Conditioning Balm and Biosilk Rock Hard Gel for over a year. I also had pretty good luck with Crystal Gel from Sally's. My waves need encouragement and I have the best luck with sticky gels.
My holy grails: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo, GVP Conditioning Balm, Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee.