Hi greytmommy

I was just reading your original post, and wondering if glycerin could be causing your frizz. I have the AIA curling jelly, and I had to stop using it once the dews dropped below 20, as the glycerin would dry my hair out over the course of the day and result in frizz. My go to jelly styler right now has been Uncle Funky's Daughter curly magic - although I also still keep KCCC and SS CEJ in my rotation. These are all glycerin free.

As far as sealing - I have fine hair, and this is a must for me in the winter if I want to keep moisture in and reduce all those tangles I get at the nape of my neck from wearing sweaters, scarves, etc. I'm actually following the LOC method - leave in, oil, cream - and it is really helping my moisture level. I like to seal with lighter oils, like grapeseed, apricot kernal, or sweet almond. I also have EO serum, which is a blend of oils, but is not too heavy. I love coconut oil in my products, or as a pre-poo, but it is too heavy for me to seal with.

As far as volume is concerned - I've just decided to diffuse some rather than 100% air dry (I don't do this every time I wash - too lazy - but I do diffuse when I want my hair to look especially nice). This helps add some spring and volume to my curls, and keeps me from heading out the door with a wet head in the cold weather. I still plop after apply my products (maybe about 15 min?) then diffuse until my hair is about 80% dry. Makes such a difference for me.

Hopefully something here works for you - and I'm keeping my eye on this thread for other suggestions in the battle against limp hair!
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011