View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
deena.bailar

Thumbs up Love the stuff!

I'm getting to this thread a bit late, but just in case people stumble upon it... I LOVE the Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner! Definitely an under-appreciated, diamond in the rough!!

I use either Deva low poo or no poo (depending on the day) to wash, then this as my in-shower conditioner. It leaves my hair so soft and easy to detangle while in the shower. I've never tried it as a leave-in though. (I use tresemme naturals (the one with aloe) as a leave-in.) I love that the Giovanni conditioner is so affordable too (not as cheap as tresemme, but still...). I just got a buy-one-get-one-free deal at Ulta which wasn't even advertised and was quite a nice surprise (so of course I had to pick up four bottles - the last 4 they had in stock!)! Vitacost also has them for $5, so that's a good deal too. Definitely in a price range that it's worth trying if you never have!!!

ps: One little side note...the first time I tried this conditioner, I was still using silicones on my hair (though trying to co-wash - you can imagine how gross my hair got!!). That first week I tried this conditioner, I had to use a ton and it didn't work as well. I guess it couldn't penetrate past all the gooky silicone build-up. Now that I don't use any silicones though, I've never had that problem again (it's been over 6 months).

I have thick, 3c curly hair. When I casually twirl it (sopping wet), it makes perfect spirals and dries very soft, but it dries out easily, so constant conditioning is my mantra.
deena.bailar is offline   Reply With Quote