ITA with most everything Korkscrew had to say but just wanted to clarify that there are many gels that don't have alcohol - in fact, I've seen very few that do. You'll probably be safe with most of the ones you see people around here using.

Sorry if it sounded as if I was saying you shouldn't comb at all, just not dry - mainly just with conditioner in it when it's wet. And, yeah, plenty of people only ever finger comb.

Yep, being willing to experiment is crucial. Some of what others do will work for you, some won't. My tip about finding someone to stalk just sometimes help narrow things down some when you're so overwhelmed by everything you find here.

I suggested gel because most here find that it gives them some control and a bit more consistency in their results, although once it's scrunched out, hair doesn't look "styled" or anything - it just helps keep the look you achieve.

Once it's good and healthy and hydrated, it'll probably take less and less "doing" and product - you can pretty much just let it do its thing as long as you maintain that health and hydration. But still no dry combing or brushing, LOL!

P.S. - My hair used to be much curlier, so I know more about what you're working with than you might think to look at mine now
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Last edited by WurlyLox; 12-27-2012 at 03:37 PM.