This is gonna be long, so here goes. I have been going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to try henna or amla. My hair is protein sensitive, so the info I read about henna made me extremely wary. After reading this thread and one from a few years ago, I decided to try an amla and brahmi mix. Luckily I have an Indian market about 5 minutes from my house, so I went and bought the powders this morning for $1.99 each. I also bought Aritha powder, which is a natural shampoo. Even after just cleansing with the Aritha my hair felt extremely soft and my scalp was clean. It was A MESS to apply though and stank like all get out! I then mixed 100g of Amla and 100g of Brahmi with water and applied it in the shower (without the water running), clipped my hair up, finished my shower, then wrapped my head in plastic wrap. I left the mix on for about 30 minutes, got back in the shower to rinse (which was a pain in the butt to say the least), co-washed with Aussie Moist, then put on a honey and evoo dt for an hour (just wrapped my head in more plastic wrap, no heat). I rinsed that out, co-washed once more, then styled using Suave Green Apple Conditioner/grapeseed oil mix as a leave-in and Eco Styler Olive Oil gel. Whew! Lots of work for a Thursday night!

Pros: My hair definitely feels better than it did before the Amla/Brahmi, but that could be just due to me washing out the Creme of Nature leave in I used on Monday that my hair absolutely hated. I don't notice more shine or curl definition, but my hair was more manageable and softer. Cons: I was still finding grit in my hair while styling, even though I rinsed and co-washed like crazy. I have a good bit of the mix left, so I put it in the freezer and will mix it with conditioner next week to see if I notice anything different. I'm definitely buying more Aritha too (but next time I'm applying it in the shower)!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App

Last edited by MrsBachemin; 12-28-2012 at 07:44 AM.