View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
lauramclaura

Default Products for fine hair

I'm a 2b/2c/3a with hair cut just above the shoulder. My hair is normal porosity but seems to be pretty fine. I've discovered that I need to clarify my hair on a nearly daily basis, and after a long time using lovely shampoos and conditioners recommended by Naturally Curly users, I have returned to using a drugstore shampoo (ugh) followed by Mop Top conditioner. The shampoo seems to clarify my hair so it isn't weighed down, but I really dislike putting chemicals on my hair.

My question, though, is about styling products. I've tried lots of different types--Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper, Mop Top light gel, Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite, and AG ReCoil. The product that works best is AG ReCoil. It gives me great clumping and nice, bouncy curls. My problem is that when I use AG ReCoil or any of the other products, by the end of the day (after about 8 or 10 hours), my hair is frizzy and limp. I've tried combining the above styling products and have not found a long-lasting styling solution. I've tried using Coco Curl Creme on dry hair but that doesn't help either. Can anyone suggest a product that can hold my fine hair all day?
lauramclaura is offline   Reply With Quote