I think you should use what your hair responds to. I notice you are a 2b. I'm a 2c. I think us wavy girls have a bit more leeway. I used to think if I used sulphates and silicones that I was "failing". Now I realize, the point of the Curl Girl Method and this Forum is to gain general information about what could be causing our hair problems and then finding out what methods may (or may not) work for us. LOL when I first visited the forum a few years back I thought I could NEVER shampoo, that TONS of conditioner (any kind without cones) was my friend, and that I needed half a bottle of cone free gel to curl up my hair ha ha ha! Now with everyone learning more about hair properties we can find specific products that are better suited for our hair types. For me moderation was the key....I can shampoo with sulphates but no more than twice a week. I can handle a cone or two but now I avoid products overloaded with them. I can use gel but only need a little for definition. I also learned protein overload was causing my rough hair. I've learned so much here what an awesome forum!
Originally Posted by Cristy_amk
Lol. I thought so too at first..that i'd have to give up shampoo and cones. six months back when I read all about the benefits of CG,i stocked up on CG friendly conditioner thinking that that was all I needed. I still have five bottles left(talk about crazy huh? ). I was wrong. Yes co washing is the best thing that I have discovered for my hair but I need to use sulfates at least once a week.

Sent from android curltalk app.
HAIR TYPE -2a-b, black, mostly medium
CO WASH, RO-HE HH and ENLEVEN and GARNIER RANGE
CLARIFY- I use sulphate shampoos silicone free(diluted), vinegar rinses
DC-pure coconut oil, olive oil, sometimes a SMT
LI-aloe vera gel + castor oil
I'm currently at BSL, aiming for waist length.I'm a very impatient person, wish me luck
I love my flat iron, but I love my waves even more. :-D

Last edited by ShubhoR; 12-28-2012 at 09:19 AM.