[QUOTE=jsuzkelley;2092302]Hi greytmommy

I was just reading your original post, and wondering if glycerin could be causing your frizz. I have the AIA curling jelly, and I had to stop using it once the dews dropped below 20, as the glycerin would dry my hair out over the course of the day and result in frizz. My go to jelly styler right now has been Uncle Funky's Daughter curly magic - although I also still keep KCCC and SS CEJ in my rotation. These are all glycerin free.

I agree that maybe glycerin might be a trigger. I don’t really have the same issue, b/c I live in south FL. But I do seem to get the opposite effect. I use products with glycerin in them for my "winter" regime, which is like dews of 40-50..lol..But in the summer; when dews are over 70, I use glycerin free products...If I use products with glycerin in summer, it seems to cause CRAZY amount of frizz. I also have fine/med hair with low porosity and I could NOT seal with oil. It was HORRIBLE. It took months to get my hair back to original state. But maybe products with oil in them could help, like CCCCL or UFD CM. CCCCL can be used as a LI, styler, and refresher. I did use this when I went to NYC for thanksgiving. It did perform well there for me, but after few times of use; it would weigh my hair down..So I just needed to clarify with Giovanni 50:50 every few washes... Not sure if any of this helped, but good luck.
2b/c CG since 8/12
I have low porosity and fine/med texture. Easily weighed down and VERY frizzy crown, with straighter under layers

Low-poo:TJ TTT, CJ GCS
LI/RO/DC: CK Satin Roots,Sevi Pumpkin, SSI Okra reconstructor, CJ SAC,CJ RM
Stylers: AG Recoil, JC SS
Jellies: CK Coil Jam, Okra gel(HG)
Gel: JC CC, Ouidad H&H gel, Ouidad moisture lock gel

Hair loves moisture protein.
MUST Pixie diffuse.

My hair dose NOT like oils, butters or polyquats Or glycerin in high dews

Last edited by shellyRN07swavy; 12-29-2012 at 08:15 AM.