Thread: Deva
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Corrina777

I tried Deva almost two years before I found this site. I was so amazed at how my hair looked that I decided to use up my massive PJ stash and use Deva exclusively. The next day I used my other stuff and was so unhappy that I went home and threw out all of my old stuff. I used Deva until I found this site and read all of the mixed reviews. Then started my CG adventure. In the process, I stopped using any one brand exclusively. I found that I do like son of t Deva products, but I like some other stuff too. The TIGI Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Mousse are two of my favorite products. I found that the silicone in the TIGI shampoo and conditioner left my hair feeling very dry and coated (the Strong Mousse only has a silicone that is water soluble an the Amplifier only has silicones that evaporate from the hair during the drying process).

I will say that the trial and error involved in trying the CG method has given me a much better understanding of my hair and how to keep it looking and feeling it's best, so it's something I really recommend to everyone. I used to be content with my hair looking decent, but then I learned that my hair could look much better than decent. The answer might not necessarily be Deva, but definitely do some reading on the site and consider doing some experimenting.

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is online now   Reply With Quote