I know you probably already survived your pictures, but I just saw this and saw no replies, so I wanted to offer a few ideas. The water is one potential- you might want to look for a cleanser or conditioner with EDTA to remove potential hard water buildup. If you now have softer water, you might want to try harder hold gel and/or products with magnesium sulfate (epsom salts), or make your own spray bottle with mag sulfate and water (plus or minus any other ingredients you might want to add).

It could also be related to a change in dew points. I suspect the dews in WA are very different from where you were living before. You might want to check out what you local dew point are and look into adjusting your routine based on that.

I'm sorry I couldn't help in time for the Christmas pics, but maybe you can at least have son awesome pics for the new year.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel