@ dee- nature

I'm glad to hear you had wonderful results too! Piiiiiiiics! *ahem sorry* May we see some pictures pweeeeeease? Your hair was already gorgeous so now I am curious!
Originally Posted by ricotdorothy
I took some but didnt like em. It seems i had more of a result in the way it feels than look.

Butt ill still post some. Btw i HAVE ALOT of shrinkage! But love how the coils pop

Sent from my MB612 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by dee-nature

By the way you are beautiful! Oh, and I know aaaaaall about the shrinkage. All day erry day, lol! The hair looks so soft light and fluffy!

ETA: Not sure yet, but I think you just might be my hair twin!
OH GOODIE!!! since ive been natural there has only been one other person that said this her name is meechymonroe she is all over ytube and has a blog. You should check her out! Tell her i said hi if u do
btw THANK YOU for the compliment
This is gonna be long, so here goes. I have been going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to try henna or amla. My hair is protein sensitive, so the info I read about henna made me extremely wary. After reading this thread and one from a few years ago, I decided to try an amla and brahmi mix. Luckily I have an Indian market about 5 minutes from my house, so I went and bought the powders this morning for $1.99 each. I also bought Aritha powder, which is a natural shampoo. Even after just cleansing with the Aritha my hair felt extremely soft and my scalp was clean. It was A MESS to apply though! I then mixed 100g of Amla and 100g of Brahmi with water and applied it in the shower (without the water running), clipped my hair up, finished my shower, then wrapped my head in plastic wrap. I left the mix on for about 30 minutes, got back in the shower to rinse (which was a pain in the butt to say the least), co-washed with Aussie Moist, then put on a honey and evoo dt for an hour (just wrapped my head in more plastic wrap, no heat). I rinsed that out, co-washed once more, then styled using Suave Green Apple Conditioner/grapeseed oil mix as a leave-in and Eco Styler Olive Oil gel. Whew! Lots of work for a Thursday night!

My hair definitely feels better than it did before the Amla/Brahmi, but that could be just due to me washing out the Creme of Nature leave in I used on Monday that my hair absolutely hated. I don't notice more shine or curl definition, but my hair was more manageable and softer. I have a good bit of the mis left, so I put it in the freezer and will mix it with conditioner next week to see if I notice anything different. I'm definitely buying more Aritha too (but next time I'm applying it in the shower)!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by MrsBachemin
Interesting! Please keep us posted. I think I'm about take the plunge and try powder henna this weekend. Dee-nature's results have really got me thinking.
yes i cant wait for my next treatment! You will love it

@ dee- nature

I'm glad to hear you had wonderful results too! Piiiiiiiics! *ahem sorry* May we see some pictures pweeeeeease? Your hair was already gorgeous so now I am curious!
I took some but didnt like em. It seems i had more of a result in the way it feels than look.

Butt ill still post some. Btw i HAVE ALOT of shrinkage! But love how the coils pop

Dorothy is right: you really are beautiful! Love the volume and texture of your hair How does your hair feel different from before?
Originally Posted by Korkscrew
hey korkscrew first off i want to thank you for your kindness its greatly appreciated before my hair felt thirsty,lots of shedding and my scalp was itching i was in serious need of a deep treatment after the treatment my hair is silky soft minimal to no shedding, coils are elongated .although i didnt get the highlight i wanted due to the amla powder i stll amm amazed by the results from just one treatment

@ dee- nature

hair type: 4a VERY dense

hair goal
= WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil

2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!"

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619