View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
FrizzBgone

I grew my bangs out because I didn't like the look of straight bangs as my hair got curlier. My bangs were also a constant source of stress for me. I also have cowlicks. They were so dependent on weather, body temperature, etc etc. The least little heat or humidity or God forbid, sweat, my straightened bangs would frizz up and the cowlicks would become like little horns sticking out from my head.

If your bangs are down to our neck already, they must be getting pretty long. Is it that this part of your hair isn't as curly as the rest?

After I plop (stylers already applied), I scrunch in either Gel-les'c or CIAB. I separate any curls that have clumped together too much. I wrap the curl around my finger and twist it away from my face. I do this randomly and then I start to diffuse. When my curls have formed I pin my hair with bobby pins. I hide the bobby pins in my hair, so they aren't obvious, but they hold my hair back from falling into my face. I diffuse for another minute or two and then I'm finished. It does take practice with the bobby pins, but they work like a charm for me. The trick is not to take big clumps of hair in each pin. It is the same premise as the up-do's that use bobby pins but they are hidden.

Also - if you have to remove a bobby pin, push it out from the end - don't pull. If you pull, you will be left with a straightened frizzy piece of hair.

HTH....
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote