I prefer the iPad. We have a Kindle Fire as well, and then both of us have smart phones -- SO has the latest Droid and I have an older iPhone. SO has a Windows laptop, I have a MacBook Pro.

I just find the OS on the iPad so much easier to use. I like being able to switch between a smaller and a larger device for reading and watching video. I would find it very frustrating to not be able to do that, as well as having two sets of apps.

I've been trying to use the Kindle for dedicated reading of certain books. The OS makes little sense to me, and I am fairly OS agnostic and can usually figure things out. It's bad enough that I've found myself not using the device as a result.

I bought the Kindle for SO a year ago and he hardy used it. We're just not fans, I guess.

I will say that reading on the iPad is okay, but I think someday I'd like to get a dedicated e-reader with e-ink technology. That is also part of why the Kindle is a miss for me. I think I could put up with the inane Kindle OS if it had a really nice display for books and other reading.

Last edited by wild~hair; 01-01-2013 at 07:21 PM.